One of the worst parts of traveling is waiting. There’s always a lot of waiting, whether it’s at the airport, on the plane, or in line. As a dedicated user, I can usually find different apps that can entertain me or even help me plan my trip while I wait.
- Libby by Overdrive. This is an e-reader service that allows you to borrow books from your library to read on your tablet. All you need is your library card.
- Cloud Library. Like Libby, Cloud Library is an e-reader service that allows you to borrow books from your library. It is a fantastically easy to use service. You just need your library card.
- Hoopla. Hoopla is a little different than Libby and Cloud Library in that in addition to e-books and e-audios, it allows you to borrow comic books and movies. The movies can be downloaded to watch offline.
- Flipster. This is probably my favorite app of all time. It allows you to borrow magazines from your library. Most magazines you can download and keep on your tablet indefinitely, but others do have some limits. It is such an easy and useful app that most people don’t know about.
- Viator. This is a very helpful app, which collects tons of tours and activities from many different sources, that allows you to purchase these activities to fill your trip. In order to purchase anything, you do have to be connected to WiFi.
- Duolingo. Learn a language while you wait with this app that makes learning into a game. You can collect coins to get different benefits within the app.